Vespin II double cyclone toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

elly

Reaction score
We have 3 Toto Drake toilets in our home now and I am thinking about buying a Toto Vespin II double cyclone toilet for a new condo we purchased. I didn't notice any ratings on your site regarding the Vespin II, and was wondering if this is as good or better than the Drake. I really like the idea that it is rimless, has the CEFIONTECT finish, ADA height, etc. Will it really clean the bowl using only 1.28 gallons of water per flush?:)

Elly

elly

Reaction score
I don't think our Drakes have the double cyclone flush. We had them installed in '2001 and '2003.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Drake II has the newer bowl with the double cyclone flush system as well as all of the Totos with the "II" designation. Vespin is a skirted Drake.

osborneca

Reaction score
Question about Water Level in Vespin

We are looking fo 4 new skirted toilets to install in our renovated home. We looked at the Aquia 11 but rejected it once we observed the flush as the water level was too low to clear solid waste effectively (bowl cleaning is a concern). Does anyone know if the Vespin has a higher water level as this appears to be critical to bowl cleaning with solid waste. Thanks.

Catherine

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Vespin's water spot is higher. The reason the Aquia's is small (this is true of any dual-flush toilet that actually clears the waste on the small flush not all do) is so that it can fully empty it when using the smaller flush volume of it's dual-flush system. If it was bigger, it would only dilute it, and not exchange it.

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most people report that the Aquia will flush even solids with the half fllush.
You can't tell everything from a picture. Sometimes you have to use the device.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks