Very Strange Plumbing Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

BJB

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping someone in the forum could shed some light on a very strange issue we are having. We recently purchased a house that had a new electric water heater installed along with an expansion tank before we moved in. The house sat vacant for a year or two before we purchased it. We have hot water throughout the house except for the guest bathroom. There is no hot water in that shower or at the sink. Water comes out but it's luke warm at best. Everywhere else in the house the water is hot. Here's' where it gets strange. If I turn on the hot water in the master bathroom and let it run and then go into the guest bath and turn on the hot water, the water in the guest bathroom is hot....So any ideas on why we only have hot water in the guest bathroom when it's running in the master? It's kind of comical really. Guest come over and want to use the bathroom so we have to run into the master and turn the hot water on so they can wash up.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Possibly someone took a branch line off the hot water return or if you have a Moen faucet they used to have problems with water mixing

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have one of these? If so change the black part which would be under a sink

Attachments

• grundfos-comfort-hot-water-recirculation-pump-up15-10su7p-tlc-595916-d-3.jpg
    grundfos-comfort-hot-water-recirculation-pump-up15-10su7p-tlc-595916-d-3.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 189
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks