Very slow drip...must I do something?

Users who are viewing this thread

dmax56

Handyman
Reaction score
You guys have been so great about responding to all the issues I've had with doing a new bath, I almost feel guilty asking about one little thing...but a whirlpool bath will wash that away! LOL

I've got a drip in the cold faucet shutoff (1/2" finished threaded pipe and valve)...it's literally a drip an hour. Might this seal up with microscopic particles from the water on it's own and are there any issues with this?

In order to redo this drip, I'd really have to undo everything and would rather spend the 2 hours doing other things!

Thanks for what I hope will be the last plumbing issue in this bath!

Doug

dmax56

Handyman
Reaction score
forgot to mention

my drip an hour is not in the valve, but between the valve and pipe...coming through the threads, not the valve.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You can do 2 thing...wait and see if it stops or gets worse or continues as it is ...or fix it...but then I think you knew that...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drip

One of two things will happen.
1. Natural corrosion will seal the drip.
2. The drip will continue and it will erode the pipe threads until the drip becomes a stream and then you will have to open the wall and correct it.
Your choice. It can happen to a plumber also, but not very often, so you know why we charge what we do.

dmax56

Handyman
Reaction score
Thanks again, hj and cass. I guess I could've figured out those options...so I'll wait a little bit and if need be, get into it!

D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks