VERY odd problem... HALF a power outage??

Users who are viewing this thread

CORVAIRWILD

Reaction score
To continue, I have seen absolutely every single kind of breaker overheat, melt in the on position, including a Square D QO, in my own house, that caught some wood on fire before another breaker tripped. The Sq D QO had locked on. Also seen bad Cutler Hammer CH series, you name it, I've seen even new breakers overheat, melt and fry the bus bar. Recently I changed a 200 amp main, it was very Rusty internally from a damp basement/condensation. And even though it still worked sufficiently, it literally fell apart in our hands when we removed it. I have saved all of these gems, and when I get a chance, I'll post pictures of them.

andy5659

Reaction score
I also have similar problem all of a sudden the microwave stop working then came back on the heater motor would shut off and on when the microwave shut off I checked the oven next to it when i turned on the the the microwave power returned and stayed on even after I turned off the oven .I have PG&E the local electric company come out and they checked the line pulled the meter and checked the connections and opened the breaker box and checked the connections was fine then 20 mins later same thing me and my friend checked the sub panel again checked all the connections all looked OK anyone got any thing that can help . Also only part of the house that runs on the same sub panel the rest of the house is fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks