Vertical master float run time

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Per recommendations from this site, I recently replaced my 11 yo Stevens diaphragm pump with a Zoeller N57 with Superior Pump's vertical float. The float is actually manufactured by SJE Rhombus and has their tag with the Vertical Master name and part number and SJE's contact info. Superior's switch was about 1/2 price of what I found.

Is there a method to increase the on-time with a vertical master float switch? I thought I read somewhere here about modifying the rod to increase the run time. Or, does SJE make a longer rod for this purpose.

I have the float set to turn on right at the bottom of the drain tile inlet to the pump which is about 12" from the bottom of the pit. So, it still leaves about 5+" of water in the off position.

Today it ran for 10 seconds and was off for 70s throughout a storm.

Thanks for the continued assistance.

Reaction score
http://www.sjerhombus.com/uploads/1011981J-VM8.5x11.pdf says "Adjustable pumping range of .75 to 6.5 inches (2 to 17 cm)."

You might phone them to see if they offer a longer lift rod.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm aware that is the pumping range and that is the range I am getting. I was looking for something from 12 inches drawing down to about an inch or so.

I did plan on calling the company but wondered if there was a DIY method of doing it. Although, I see no mention on their website of any modifications/accessories for the float switch.

I thought I had read on this site someone with a DIY modification and was hoping that person might see this post and respond.

Reaction score
Contacted SJE Rhombus and there is no extension for the vertical master.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks