Vents/drains on exterior wall on slab foundation

Users who are viewing this thread

TMAC

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on the below. I have a 1/2 bath and 1 additional sink I will be plumbing in a stem wall slab foundation. Is it safe to run the two sink drains and the vents and water supply lines in the exterior wall or would it be a better choice to move the sinks and toilet on an interior wall? Any suggestion on the best way to do this per code would be appreciated........

upload_2021-8-4_17-30-15.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know how cold it gets in NC. But here in temperate but still gets into the 20's for days Seattle area, we install water lines on the exterior walls, but we ensure that they are as close to the interior as possible and have insulation Only on the exterior side of them which holds the heat in.

And I suppose it makes a difference in how thick of an exterior wall you plan on having. There is considerably more insulation available in a 2x6 wall than a 2x4 wall.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
besides freeze considerations I avoid underground water lines so my water would be coming down from top on a slab.
As for the waste its pretty routine for us to have waste lines in a stem wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks