Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffreyO

Reaction score
I would appreciate some info on whether or not I am venting this properly. I took a picture and have drawn lines to where they would run. The plan is to tie in the sink to the 3" vent and make a penetration through the roof after reducing down to 2".

Attachments

• IMG_3604.JPG
    IMG_3604.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 128

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower could vent the toilet if it had a vent.
Right now the shower is not vented.
The lav could wet vent the toilet and the shower, but not how it's shown now. The shower can have a five foot trap arm, and the lav 42".
Somewhere in the middle there, you could have used the lav to wet vent the shower and armed over to both the lav and the shower.

JeffreyO

Reaction score
The lav could wet vent the toilet and the shower, but not how it's shown now. The shower can have a five foot trap arm, and the lav 42".
Somewhere in the middle there, you could have used the lav to wet vent the shower and armed over to both the lav and the shower.
I think I got it. I appreciate ya!

JeffreyO

Reaction score

Here's what we got now. The shower is now vented and should vent the toilet as well. I plan on tying in the sink in through the wall. Now that I look at it, is the 3" necessary? I planned to use the 3" as the stack to penetrate through the roof after reducing down to2"

Attachments

• IMG_3635.JPG
    IMG_3635.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 92
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks