Venting top floor bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm stack venting a top floor bathroom. The 3" waste pipe comes up from a 4" waste in the cellar. The 3" waste comes up to the bathroom and 90's over about a foot where a wye and eighth goes up a wall and vtr's. The 3" run goes over and picks up the W.C and the tub which are about 5' away. I also have a lav that drains into the wye and eighth about 15" above, and above that a 2" vent that vents a kitchen sink on the 1st floor. The 2" vent for the kitchen sink ties in 6" above the lav. Does anyone see any problems with this setup?

Kristi

Tradesman Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.prettyplumbing.com
head swimming with sizes...

It sounds like a good arrangement to me, at first read. I have mentally drawn it up (lol), and seems like it's more than enough! 3" through the roof? I think you're in good shape there... sounds like everything is in close proximity and wouldn't require more than one roof penetration.
nothing wet venting, right? Make sure all the fittings for venting are the opposite of drainage... upside down!

Last edited:

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
Kristi said:
It sounds like a good arrangement to me, at first read. I have mentally drawn it up (lol), and seems like it's more than enough! 3" through the roof? I think you're in good shape there... sounds like everything is in close proximity and wouldn't require more than one roof penetration.
nothing wet venting, right? Make sure all the fittings for venting are the opposite of drainage... upside down!
Thanks, I'm in Mass. and I believe when your venting on the flat you have to use a wye and not a T., no problem there I just rolled the eighth to get a straight run up and out.
One more question, can you over vent, well not so much that..what I'm wondering is will an inspector have a problem with overkill on venting.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
no

venting, drains , and waste are determined by total fixture units. it,s an ez read ! pick up a book. i find it all interisting! maybe i need a hobby :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks