Venting through sewage pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Roseneck

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
I'm installing an ejector pump for a bathroom I'm putting in the basement. The toilet is less than 2' from the ejector pump inlet and the shower drain is about 5' away. Do I need to vent these individually or can I use the vent on the sewage pump?

FYI, toilet is on 4" running directly into pump basin and shower drain ties into that.

Reach4

Reaction score
[
Perfect. Anyone know how to post pics?
When you post, click the third icon from the right on the posting toolbar.ATTACH]22863[/ATTACH]
1. Click Insert Image Icon.
2. Click From Computer tab.
3. Click Select Files
4. select picture file (not too big) and click Upload.

I don't know the limits, but I keep it under 600x800 pixels and under 500 MB in size. To resize and compress big pictures, you could use Irfanview (powerful, a bit complex, and free). JPG files are usually best for photos for this purpose. Alternatively, put the photo on a website and include a link in your posting.

Attachments

• huge2.jpg
    huge2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 303
  • huge.jpg
    huge.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Adam Roseneck

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
Okay. So right off the inlet for the ejector I've got a wye on its back. To tie it in to the shower drain I need to roll it. I know it shouldn't be rolled more than 45 as a traditional vent but it it's a wet vent and the actual dry vent comes off the shower drain, is it acceptable to have a wet vent less than 45 degrees (say 22.5). It's a 4" with a 2" wye.

Thanks again for the help!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks