venting required for 2 new basement floor drains?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
hello again
excellent forum - thanks again for the help provided.
basement floor drains is today's question. while the floor is ripped up as i finish the interior waterproofing w/Platon & weeping tile, i need to remove an old unvented floor drain, but was planning to use the connection to the main waste line in that spot to connect a pair of new vented floor drains. new floor drains would be 3", with traps and primers. one is in a storage area, and one is at the furnace/HW heater for the condensate line to drain into. run from drains to connection at the waste line is a total of 11 ft. (8ft + 3ft). I was thinking to add this vent line due to the length of the run to the connection.
comments please on the sketch i have attached would be greatly appreciated.
scan0002.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The floor drains look fine. They will need trap primers to keep them from drying out.
The vent should be at 42" above the floor.
I don't understand why you have the vent going up through the next floor, and also tying into the 3" waste stack going down.
The vent goes upstairs by itself.

Reaction score
terry - thanks for the quick reply...

trap primers and 42" ht. was the plan. is the vent connection point ok? i was thinking to use a 3/3/3/1.5 if i can find one.

the 3" waste stack has a 2" vent line running beside it all the way up to the 2nd fl and has laundry, bathroom, etc. going into it.

cheers
j

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks