Venting Question for Bathroom on slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Cox

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm building a bathroom in a pole barn. Plumbing will below slab.
I'm in an area where I do not need a permit or inspection, but I would very much like to
do my DWV to IPC/IRC code. Referring to the attached picture- My question is have I properly vented both the shower and the toilet/wc?
Thanks.

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 122

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
As long as the total fall from the shower trap outlet to the 3x2 wye is under 2", with a slope at least 1/4" per foot, then that's an acceptable IPC horizontal wet vent. And if the distance is 60" or under, it would meet the UPC as well (a bit more restrictive in this regard).

The 2" lav trap arm is a bit unusual, 1-1/2" is typical and would be easier to run through the walls. (Although for the UPC, it would need to be 2" since the trap arm is over 42" long). The 2x2x2 fitting you show needs to be a san-tee (which I mention as it is unlabeled).

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks