Venting of Sanivite Grey Water Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

rjking2112

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm a DIY'er who is installing a kitchen in my basement. I am using a Sanivite to take water from the sink/dishwasher and pump it up to existing plumbing. I created a crappy diagram that sort of captures what I want to do and am looking for some constructive advice. All of the blue lines and fixtures are existing. The green lines and fixtures are new that I plan to add. Essentially there is an existing horizontal drain near where my sanivite will be installed and I'd like to tie both the drain and vent into as shown in the diagram. I'm assuming having the vent tied in upstream of the drain/discharge would be ideal. Are there any issues with this plan? I appreciate the feedback, and sure am glad there is a community of pro's that offer to help us DIY'ers by reviewing and replying to posts in these forums.

Attachments

• kitchen_plumbing.jpg
    kitchen_plumbing.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,018

rjking2112

Reaction score
I came up with a slightly different venting system. Now I'm tying into a new vent that was previously installed for a basement bathroom. I would basically be teeing into this existing 1.5" vent that is tied in 6" above the washer on the second floor. Better?

Attachments

• kitchen_plumbing2.jpg
    kitchen_plumbing2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 934

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your last diagram will work, assuming the connections are made properly.. I am not familiar with the pump system you are looking at, as a common kitchen waste here must use a 1-1/2 trap and waste arm which connects to a 2" drain. A small pumped basin will normally have a 1-1/2" discharge, and the better ones will be 2". Unless it is a grinder pump, a 1" discharge is not adequate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks