Venting madness: Adding a second washer, moving one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mik_15

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have the venting thing under control. Once a vent, always a vent (with exceptions like wet vents). All vents must terminate above the highest fixture into the stack. Got it.

House info:
-Built in 1991, bi-level.
-PVC plumbing - everything seems to be vented correctly. And yes, my house uses awful poly-B for the supply :(.
-Single main 3" stack I believe.
-Toilet, bath/shower, sink, kitchen exist on main floor.
-Toilet, shower, sink, washer in basement plumbed in under slab somehow (not sure the order).

What I'm trying to do:
-Move washer from basement to the utility room which means tying into the 3" main stack right there. I plan on doing the riser correctly like how it's been outlined a billion times on here and running a vent up, across, and through the main floor into a wall where a vent exists, subsequently connecting to the main stack in the attic, which I believe serves the upstairs washroom.
-Add a second washer on the main floor, proper riser yadda yadda yadda and also tying its vent into the same vent on main floor from the previous point, and running the drain for this down and across to the main stack in the furnace room as well.

Am I allowed to connect these in this order/close proximity to the main stack?

And FWIW I plan on adding a sink to the old washer location in the basement.

Thank you kindly.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks