Venting for Basement Lift System

Users who are viewing this thread

doubledown14

Reaction score
Need a bit of guidance on venting a basement bathroom. There are three pipes from the original construction that terminate in a pit at the other end of the basement about 30 feet away. The pit has a waste and vent pipe.

I'm being told that installing the ejector pump and connecting that to the waste and vent pipe (which i assume ties in to the vent system upstairs and exits through the roof) is enough venting.

Through research on this forum, I'm under the impression I need to vent at each fixture too (in addition to the ejector vent).

Also noticed that they stubbed the shower in a 1 1/2 inch drain. Seem like code might be 2 in? I live in Atlanta, some pictures attached.

59701481148__20956B2C-8F5B-4AC0-A946-ABA61D243255.JPG 59701489173__17C11C0E-C444-4247-8018-71692DBC267D.JPG 59701499506__C3997750-7A67-41E7-AEFF-BF9264073B6A.JPG

Any help appreciated. I have almost zero construction knowledge, but have spent the last 48 hours learning more than I ever thought possible about plumbing.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Be sure that this pit is sealed and all the pipes were for sewage discharge, not ground water drainage (french drain). From the picture it does look like a sealed cap on this pit. The pit must have it's own vent separate from the home drainage vents. When the water flows into the pit, the air in the pit has to go somewhere, as the sewage is pump out, air has to enter.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/sewage-sump-vent.83994/#post-605085
index.php

doubledown14

Reaction score
Thanks. I do have a sump pit right next to it and I did notice that one time when both the primary and back up sump pumps failed, the ejector pit filled with water. Is that an issue?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks