Venting/drain slope question

Users who are viewing this thread

SLB

Reaction score
I've just completed a bathroom remodel except for connection of the new drains and vents back into the existing system. I need to connect 2" vents from the new toilet and shower (currently roughed into the attic crawlspace). The easiest path is to tie these two together and then connect them to an existing 2" vent that already connects to a toilet and lav in an adjacent bathroom. Are two toilets, a shower and a lav too many fixtures for a 2" vent? It seems like a bit much, but as best I can tell from the local code book, you are allowed 24 "fixture units" on a 2" vent and the combination described above counts 11 "fixture units". Is this correct?

I also need to tie in the drains. It's a fairly simple tie-in, but I'm curious about transitioning from a horizontal run with 1/4" per foot slope to vertical. It seems that maintaining a horizontal slope with both pipe and fittings will throw any transitions to vertical off a bit. I assume that there is enough play in the pipe/hub connections to allow for slight angle correction to connect to a vertical stack. Is this correct?

Regards,
Steve

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
1) Yes. My count on the dfu's is 9, if you're talking private use. And 24 dfu's is the limit on a 2" vent.
2) Yes. A combo or a y w/1/8 bend can handle intersects that are not exactly 90°.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks