Venting anything not a lav

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinjm4

Reaction score
(Edit: after reading further on this website in an older post it looks like I am able to wet vent the shower here. So that seems to be much simpler than what I drew up, but I would still like fitting help with exactly how to do that with the tub, and what size vent should wye off the tub as well, 2 or 1.5 when also wet venting the shower.)

The venting for a lav is very simple for me to comprehend, but can I get some help with how to vent something that begins under the floor - something other than a sink that’s already in a wall? A tub, or a toilet, shower... and which fittings to use and all. Especially in my situation when the fixtures’ waste lines are going away from the wall their vents can/will be routed up. And especially a shower, if horizontal venting is not allowed and it’s already 2’ or so away from the wall and you don’t have any room in the crawl space to create a 45° slope up.

Perhaps there’s a maximum distance a given fixture/pipe diameter can go before turning vertical after wye’ing off?

When shower and tub meet in the wall above the FLR (I’ll probably put it 48” high in the wall) what fitting is used? Double elbows aren’t sold at Home Depot as far as I’m aware which is where I’d go to look. Or is it better to try and have one vent straight up the wall and the other tie into it.

I will make an attempt to draw an example based on photos and diagrams I’ve seen and correct my work please.

Hopefully this makes sense thanks in advance

Attachments

• BFCCBDDA-B424-4332-9045-95293FFD0227.jpeg
    BFCCBDDA-B424-4332-9045-95293FFD0227.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
To dry vent a shower, run the trap arm to a wall, vent it, and turn to where you need to go.

Why no lavatory in your design? Or maybe your edit says that you will use the lavatory to wet vent the rest of the bathroom group, and there is no problem remaining.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks