Venting a pump question please

Users who are viewing this thread

tye

Reaction score
Hello...I am running a 1 1/2 inch pvc drain line from a new kitchen sink in my basement into a liberty 404 pump which is sitting on the basement floor. The pump has a drain hole on the side (which I tapped into for my drain line) and another 2 holes on top for the vent line and discharge line. I have run my 1 1/2 pvc discharge line over to the main 3 inch stack and tapped into that. And I have located a 1 1/2 pvc vent line running up from a tub/shower in the same area of the basement. So can I tap into that vent line for my pump vent? If so, at what height do I need to tap into that? My discharge line goes 6 feet vertical from the pump and then slopes over to the main stack for the discharge. Venting just confuses me all the time and I don't want to screw this up. Any experts out there that could help me with this venting problem would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks