Venting a double vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Blakely

Reaction score
In the attached photo of venting a double vanity, I see at least one mistake: I should have used a tee instead of a wye where the two vents join to go vertical. And I've also seen a more efficient way of doing this: a double wye from the vent stack at the level of the two drain outlets instead of connecting to the vertical vent 31" from the floor.

My question is: will this work the way I've done it, or should I bite the bullet and modify this before the sheetrock goes in?
Thanks.

bath vent.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
connecting to the vertical vent 31" from the floor.
The horizontal vent segments should be 6" above the vanity flood rim, so unless your vanity top is 25" AFF, 31" is too low.

Otherwise, the connectivity is fine. The use of vent 90s is allowed but unnecessary, and in my experience quarter bends are cheaper.

Cheers, Wayne

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally do my revents at 42" from the floor, that works with 36" kitchen counters and whatever else there may be.
Vent 90's are fine and like Wayne mentions, medium 90's cost less. I almost never use a vent 90 anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks