Vent Stack Location question with Drawings

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
So, you can look at the pictures and see what I intend on doing. My problem is that the shower drain is not close enough to the stack to meet plumbing code (There is no code out here in the boondocks).

I could put the stack up through the exterior wall to the right of the window, but that would put it behind the toilet and sink, which to me is worse than the shower > 6' from the stack.

Any other problems you see please let me know. I could do a revent over the sink, but I figured was unnecessary.

I will do the proper wyes, 45s etc.
RozanoBathroom2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 2" shower trap arm can be up to five feet.
I prefer to pull off the shower with a wye downstream of the toilet. Between that wye and the trap you would have the vent.
If the trap arm is placed closer to the wall, you can angle the combo fitting at a 45 and lean it into the wall for the vent. Unless of course you are planning on using a wall at the shower to bring the vent up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks