Vent relocation

Users who are viewing this thread

Usajet

Reaction score
Can I move the clean out over so I can fit a backwater valve? I can't do it between the wall and the pipe because of the waterproofing drain pipe. All I want to do is put a 45 degree angle fittings in to move it.

Attachments

• 28587-c0d4dd0b2c87aed96adfc2287b8c52ed.jpg
    28587-c0d4dd0b2c87aed96adfc2287b8c52ed.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 82

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
huh? I guess the answer is yes you can relocate a pipe with 45's. I'm not looking at your picture too small circles lines I don't know just move it why not?

Usajet

Reaction score
huh? I guess the answer is yes you can relocate a pipe with 45's. I'm not looking at your picture too small circles lines I don't know just move it why not?
The circle is where it's at and the line is where I want to move it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Note that a good normally-open has its output lower than its input. So you may need to open more pipe to get the drop. IPC lets 3 inch or bigger fall at 1/8 inch per foot or more.

If you were going to use the normally closed type with a flapper, I suggest you reconsider. Those normally don't seal after they have been in service for a while.

Usajet

Reaction score
Note that a good normally-open has its output lower than its input. So you may need to open more pipe to get the drop. IPC lets 3 inch or bigger fall at 1/8 inch per foot or more.

If you were going to use the normally closed type with a flapper, I suggest you reconsider. Those normally don't seal after they have been in service for a while.
No I am using a normally open valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks