vent line

Users who are viewing this thread

downrange

Reaction score
I am starting a new bathroom in my basment and will be breaking out concrete to run my drain lines. can anyone tell me were i need to run my vent line from? there should be an attachment

Attachments

• bathroom1.bmp
    12.2 KB · Views: 326

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Depends on where you live. In Florida, that layout would almost work. I'd run a 3" straight to the toilet then branch off from there. Run a 2" vent from the lav.

downrange

Reaction score
i live in kanas. your saying run a 3" from the shower to the toilet to the pump? and a 2" from the lav to the 3" line. then a 2" vent line from the lav?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
NOrmally, each of the fixtures would be vented. They can be tied together (maybe in the attic?) so you don't need multiple roof pentrations. The maximum distance between the drain and the vent is determined by the size of the drain line.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
downrange said:
i live in kanas. your saying run a 3" from the shower to the toilet to the pump? and a 2" from the lav to the 3" line. then a 2" vent line from the lav?

I would run a 3" from the tank to the toilet. Branch off with a wye and 45 with a 2" to the shower. From the shower line use a combination wye to the lavatory with a 2" vent up from the lavatory.

You would need to find out if you can wet vent or if you have to backvent every fixture in your jurisdiction.

downrange

Reaction score
FlordiaOrange,
you are saying like this?

Attachments

• bathroom1.bmp
    12.2 KB · Views: 295

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
downrange said:
FlordiaOrange,
you are saying like this?

I was more thinking like this. 3" to the toilet, 2" to the tub with a 2" off of that to the lavatory. A 2" vent off of the lav. As mentioned above you will need to vent your pump.

This is legal in Florida, like I said before you'll need to check your local venting requirements.

Attachments

• pl-sk.pdf
    3.7 KB · Views: 308

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
more info than you asked for.

i think FloridaOrange was answering more than asked, i think he was talking about the big picture, the whole thing, all the plumbing -- drainlines and venting.

if you rewind the tape, the question only about venting could be answered first without mentioning more subjects related to it... but then the plumbing still might not be right! So FloridaOrange was right on. Because the first diagram doesn't cover some important things that the new pdf does.

That first question could have been answered with "vents needed in at least two walls". The easiest case is the vent behind the sink. Where to put the next vent is slightly more up to discussion.

david

downrange

Reaction score
all the info i can get

i was after all the information i could get about how to do my plumbing project. i have little plumbing knowledge, but pretty good when it comes to most every thing else. flordiaorange pretty much covered how it needs to proberly be done i do believe. unless there is more cussin and descusion?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
ok, good. The pdf is a schematic.

from the tub-shower to the toilet, you still have some range of movement as to

where you line up the pipe on one side or other of the toilet and
where you place the vent and
how you orient the P trap to connect to it.

david

downrange

Reaction score
and your suggestion how to do that is? i wanna start busting out concrete this weekend. i was gona lay most of this out on the floor. draw around it to know where to break out the concrete, add a little extra and start busting. you thinking i need more than one vent line?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i'll let others answer your new questions. I'm off line starting now.

To get really valid advice, post lots of info. Pictures, diagrams, of what you have now. Also, pictures of the fittings you intend to use, laid out in sequence, will make people comment if you aren't using the right fittings or connecting them the right way.

david

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks