Vent in cathedral ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread

C Williams

Reaction score
I need to run a 12' long 1 1/2" vent up slope in a cathedral ceiling. When completed there will be 14" of bat insulation above the drywall and another 4" of open space for roof venting above the insulation.

Am I best to run the vent line tight to the drywall, mid insulation or above the insulation.

TIA

xasm

Reaction score
I need to run a 12' long 1 1/2" vent up slope in a cathedral ceiling. When completed there will be 14" of bat insulation above the drywall and another 4" of open space for roof venting above the insulation.

Am I best to run the vent line tight to the drywall, mid insulation or above the insulation.

TIA

I don't think it matters actually. As long as you have the correct slope back to the main drain you should be okay. There shouldn't be an issue with this, even in cold weather.

However, someone more expericenced may want to chime in here.
Tim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks