Vent for washing machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Fraser

Reaction score
Good morning,
I'm new this site and hoping for a little help. I am presently moving my laundry room to the basement. The question I have is in regards to the maximum horizontal length of my vent pipe. Because of the way my house is constructed I'm going to have a long 30 foot horizontal run before the vent pipe turns vertical to go through the main floor and into the attic where it will attach to a 4 inch pipe and out the roof. The waste pipe is 2 inches, can I run a 2 inch vent the entire run and still be in code. Thanks and looking forward to your advice.

Cjlambert

Red-Seal Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, I’m fact you can run the continuous vent as 1-½” until you tie in to the 4” you have in the attic.

A domestic clothes washer with a 2” trap is 1.5 fixture units.
You can run 30m with an 1-1/2” continuous vent serving 2 or less fixture units.

Bob Fraser

Reaction score
Yes, I’m fact you can run the continuous vent as 1-½” until you tie in to the 4” you have in the attic.

A domestic clothes washer with a 2” trap is 1.5 fixture units.
You can run 30m with an 1-1/2” continuous vent serving 2 or less fixture units.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks