Vanity drain update

Users who are viewing this thread

Olderthandirt

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 4.25.29 PM.png

I am installing a vanity and the old one had this drain configuration. I was looking for a Fernco coupling to go from the 1-1/4 pipe coming out of the wall to the wall arm of the p-trap. I would like to get rid of the copper offsets that are currently installed. I am trying to avoid going into the wall and reconfiguring the drain. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
Does the pipe out of the wall measure 1.375 OD?

Olderthandirt

Reaction score
View attachment 91154

I am installing a vanity and the old one had this drain configuration. I was looking for a Fernco coupling to go from the 1-1/4 pipe coming out of the wall to the wall arm of the p-trap. I would like to get rid of the copper offsets that are currently installed. I am trying to avoid going into the wall and reconfiguring the drain. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
The pipe appears to be 1-1/4" chrome tube. It looks like the 45 is reduced with a bushing to fit the tube. I was thinking of cutting the tube at the 45 and cleaning it up. I thought I could use a 1-1/4" slip joint coupling to connect the trap. Does that make sense?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks