Valve for PVC to CPVC and under sink shutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Gtomike06

Reaction score
After waiting 2.5 months for a plumber to replace the old galvanized pipes I decided to take some time off work and do it myself. I've don't quite a bit of plumbing before never a repipe though and it's been a while since I've done any though.

I just want to make sure what I'm doing is right. The water line from the street to the house is pvc and I'm going to use all cpvc in the house. For the transition I'm wanting to use pvc up to the bottom side of the main shutoff and cpvc out of the top.

Under the sink I was thinking there was 2 ways I could position the hot water shutoffs. 1 goes to the sink and the other to the dishwasher. I like the one out the end and one pointing down but I thought with them on the ends it might be more stable.
20151019_201316.jpg
20151019_201353.jpg
20151019_201420.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
In most people's opinion, quarter turn ball valves are superior.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You do realize that CPVC has a smaller inside diameter than PVC and copper? 1/2" CPVC will not carry nearly as much water as 1/2" PVC. Definitely go to 1/4 turn valves.

Gtomike06

Reaction score
Yea the only reason I went with the 1/2 was because the only thing this feeds is the sink and dishwasher and I transitioned from 1 inch to 1/2 right at the fizture. I can swap it to 3/4 but the flexible supply lines are 3/8 so as long as I transition to 1/2 at the fixture it wouldn't be losing anything would it?

So my shutoff valve as transition look good though?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks