ValueSeal - Noble Company's 16mil budget friendly shower waterproofing membrane

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
ValueSeal_3_x_33_in_pos_carton.jpg

You can see right on the product the cUPC code approval. Inspectors like that.

I was heading downtown yesterday and I got a phone call from my Noble Company rep that he had sample(s) for me. It was one of the rolls you see in the photo above. Noble Company's new ValueSeal Waterproofing membrane.

The data sheet I read says it is 16mils thick or 16/1000". I tried creasing the membrane and it held a crease very very well. Maybe the best ever.

The product is see through to a point and the fleece is fine. I like the layout markings.

Can not wait to test drive this new membrane.

The roll is only 3' wide I have and that is less than ideal in my eyes but a 6' roll is available. I'll mock up a few shear tests with the system and see if it compares to Laticrete's Hydro Ban Sheet Membrane & Schluter's Kerdi.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Price Point of ValueSeal - Where to buy?

I looked up the price today for the ValueSeal and it appears it is being sold for $1.50 per square foot. By the roll only. It can be ordered online from Noble Company here: Noble Company Online Store : Shower Products shipping in US is a flat rate $5.00. If you live in Canada it can also be ordered direct as well but there is some extra shipping and duty charges. My invoice for my last Noble Order came in at about $70.00 duty. That was a large order of CIS that time.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Can ValueSeal be used with a clamping drain?

I looked that up as well and the instructions call for the use of a NobleFlex Flashing. These look like this and can be ordered like the ValueSeal online. A typical shower needing a couple of outside dam corners, a tube of NobleSealant 150, NobleFlex Flashing and some ValueSeal.

NobleFlex-Shallow-no-instr.png

NobleFlex Flashing

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
priced similar to hydroban sheet.

they are essentially saying TS and CIS are expensive!

maybe the marketing should say "its easier to fold, less corner buildup and that its competative with the budget membranes like kerdi"

are you going to boil test it? see if the graphics bleed off!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
That is interesting. I just sent an email to Nelson Winer at Noble Company asking him why and what to say. There has to be a reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks