Valley Faucet identification

Users who are viewing this thread

Gaber

Reaction score
Hello -- after hours of research online (including here) and trips to countless plumbing and hardware supply stores I am hoping someone can help me identify this faucet. It looks like a Delta 600 at first glace but there's the thing -- there isn't a normal ball in it. The stem goes into a very small ball that actually wiggles a disc around, and that disc is what moves across the spring/seats to adjust the water. There is an o-ring between the disc and the ball setup. There are two spring/seats parallel and below that centered is the water outlet. The thing is they are flat, not at an angle.

I was leaking water out of the handle so I replaced the spring and seat and that didn't take care of it. Then I noticed the O-Rings. I replaced them (one around the outside of the cartridge and the other between the ball and disc...

Problem solved...

but I still have no idea what the faucet it. Delta/Peerless spring/seats worked.

My phone became a victim of water and I don't want to tear it all down for new pics but here is the ball and then the cartridge. Note that the beauty cover is generic.

Any ideas-----at all? It's an OLD house.

Attachments

• ball2.jpg
    ball2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 236
  • ball1.jpg
    ball1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 226
  • ball-together.jpg
    ball-together.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 228

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It ia a Valley faucet, and Home Depot has a new complete insert for it. You will also need the seat and spring kit for it, but NOT for a Delta faucet.

valley-cartridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaber

Reaction score
Thank you SO MUCH! I have the right parts installed and it's working beautifully!

valley-parts-pre-93.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks