Valley/ Eljer, Identification of bathtub faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach_Wolf

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in a condo built in the mid 80's. I don't think the bathrooms have been renovated since then. I have a small water drip from the bathroom hot water faucet knob. The water is dripping from between the valve stem and what looks like the packing nut. (There is no leak or drip from the actual spout.)
The faucet handles look like American Standard handles, but I can't tell what the cartridge is. Any help identifying this system would be appreciated.

It looks like there was originally some rubber packing around the cartridge stem, that's since been corroded.

20211115_145743.jpg
20211115_145730.jpg
20211115_150321.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I don't recognize that brand. The nut is not a "packing" nut, but just secures a cartridge.
If nobody else recognizes it, you may need to turn the water off, pull the cartridge and get a photo and include the overall dimension to help identify.
Google: "brasscraft stem identification" and find the pdf at content.interlinebrands.com
It has 131 pages of stems based on length.
Is that a plastic cartridge ?
Bonne chance

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks