Vacuum Plumbing Systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I was in my office, or reading room, reading the new P&M Magazine and came across an add by Acorn Vac talking about a water closet that only needs a ½ gallon per flush. It has peaked my interest so I went over to their site and started reading the material. They have given many examples of how their system has already been installed. The water closets are being marketed by them for prisons and such, they also have a couple other ideas for Super Markets for condensate drains.

My question is have any of you come across this system yet?

http://www.acornvac.com/

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vacuums

The only place I have heard of them being used is in prisons, although they might have been installed on some cruise liners. The mechanics of them would probably be too expensive to install and maintain unless you had an inhouse maintenance crew.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
My favorite place to read P&M is in my reading room or bathroom.

My reading room / bathroom is full of trade magazines. I get on all their mailing lists so I can feel impotent. :D I mean important. But seriously I like reading them to see what is new out there, tips and tricks, and what others are doing in the industry, oh and to be called a moron for not charging enough for my services.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh and to be called a moron for not charging enough for my services.

I actually had a customer tell me that we charged less than another company she had called for a quote to change out a water heater the other day...:eek:

I'm having a tough time deciding whether I liked being a cheaper plumber or, doing the job...:cool:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I actually had a customer tell me that we charged less than another company she had called for a quote to change out a water heater the other day...:eek:

I'm having a tough time deciding whether I liked being a cheaper plumber or, doing the job...:cool:

I had one ask us how much to unstop her water closet. When the plumber told her our starting price, she called him every name in the book and told him to do things to himself that he can only do if he is well endowed, then hung up on him. He calls me to let me know the job canceled before he even got into his truck. Then about 20 minutes later she calls the office, and tells me what she said to my plumber and how sorry she is, and if I could still get him to come out. She told me she called 5 other shops and they where twice to three times as much as I was charging and asked me how come the prices are so varied. I explained to her any good company will base their charges on the cost for them to do business, not what the other guys are charging. Like the one outfit that has billboard ads, 30 new fully loaded and lettered trucks, cable TV commercials and radio ads, will have to charge a lot more than they guy that only uses the yellow pages to advertise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks