Vacuum Breaker leaks in basement when pipe is opened (for sprinkler system)

Users who are viewing this thread

watermaniac

Reaction score
Hello,

New home owner trying to open my pipes for a sprinkler system. There is a black plastic cap that, when the pipe leading to it (vertical pipe which is attached to the main water line blow) is opened, all of the water comes out from holes that are part of it, facing downward all along the bottom outside, where the water drop is. The water will come out regardless of if the pipe going to the right, which heads outside to the sprinkler system, is open or closed. Can someome please help me to identify what this black "cap" is and how to prevent water from leaking out instead of going outside to the sprinkler?

20140629_161322.jpg

Attachments

• 20140629_161322.jpg
    20140629_161322.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 402

watermaniac

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4, I was able to review the video and disassemble my vacuum breaker, and took it to my local plumbing supply shop where I had the piece directly under the cap replaced (the vent cap I believe). After reassembling my system properly pressurized and no longer continues leaking water after the in flow is opened.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks