Utility Sink Sump Pump Piping

Discussion in 'IPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by dta828, Jan 9, 2020.

1. dta828

dta828 New Member

I'm looking to install a new utility sink with sump pump which will mainly serve a washing machine. I live in single story home built on a slab; therefore, the easiest option is to run the drain line through the attic to the existing vent stack. This will require running the pump outlet up ~8' to a new horizontal drain line which will run through the attic 20-25' to the existing vent stack. I'm also planning on running a new vent line for the sump out the roof and would like to us this same vent to vent the horizontal drain line.

See attached picture for proposed piping. All piping to the right of the existing vent stack on the left would be new. Does this meet code requirements? Do I have the right idea?

[​IMG]

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida When the wife won't let you get a Harley!

Retired
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. dta828

dta828 New Member

Can you point me to the section in the code which requires the sump to have a separate vent? I looked at the code and couldn't find this anywhere. Also, does it make a difference that this is graywater and not sewage?

I'm thinking if the vent is sized appropriately then there shouldn't be any issue. Is there a minimum size vent that should be used in this situation?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020