Utility Sink Faucet, Central Brass 0048-UA Series

Users who are viewing this thread

BobMane

Reaction score
I bought this:

and tried to install it in my stainless Utility Sink

one side kept leaking even with dope and tape then I think I might have stripped by over tightening. (note: it was leaking at the right the coupling flange and the coupling flange did not come with a gasket...that seems weird!)

My question is, are there better brands that install easier (because this model seemed like it was way harder than it should have been)

central-brass-wall-mount-faucet.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Uses standard pipe nipples threaded to the first part that gets threaded onto, sealing there with rubber washers.
Where is the drip from?
Are the nipples new?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The union didn't have washers? Or the npt threaded portion was leaking?

BobMane

Reaction score
yep the nipples were new...it was not leaking there it was at the union. union didn't have washers. Seems like a home depot product thing... isn't there brands that are a step above that would have all included?

20220308_164129.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
yep the nipples were new...it was not leaking there it was at the union. union didn't have washers. Seems like a home depot product thing... isnt there brands that are a step above that would have all included?
They're should be washers. I think I would just find a washers rather than buying a whole new faucet, but about any brand should do. Chicago faucets is a brand. Pro flow might be easily obtained.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're missing the washers. Sometimes products on the shelves have missing parts.

central-brass-0048-ua-parts.jpg

wall-mount-faucet-parts.jpg

I happened to have something similar here that I could take a picture off. Black rubber washers are there for the final connection.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks