Utility sink and washing machine (drain and vent next to each other)

Users who are viewing this thread

jhicks54

Reaction score
I want to install a laundry sink next to my washer and wanted to get some ideas on the best/cleanest way to do it. I've seen Terry's recommended method, but was curious how you guys would do it with my setup. In the attached picture:

2" pipe on the left is from the kitchen sink/dishwasher/disposal on the floor directly above.

1 1/2" pipe on the right is the vent to the roof. You see the current washer stack already connected.

Attachments

• 1503423507226848523840.jpg
    1503423507226848523840.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 468

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You cannot connect to the upstairs drain line unless you want to get involved with some "messy" vent piping. The sink has to connect above the washer drain so you have to revise the piping so the connection will be low enough to connect the trap.

jhicks54

Reaction score
Ok. Good to know. So I should just forget about the drain line on the left and just reconfigure the pipe on the right to the method recommended by Terry (picture attached)?

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 818
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks