Using PEX stubout bend support for 90 turn

Users who are viewing this thread

WellAdjusted

Reaction score
Hello,

I am installing a PEX manifold system and have a question about making a series of 90 turns.

I have several lines that need to make a 90 turn relatively soon after exiting the manifold in a relatively tight space. One option I’m considering is using one of the metal stubout bend support straps together with the plastic bend supports designed to fit into it, as in the attached photo.

My question is if it’s OK to use the strapping and bend support like this (to make a turn early in the run, rather than at the end)—my assumption is that it is, but I thought I would double check before doing anything that would be a pain to undo.

Attachments

• A4D7A43C-BB0B-4495-A702-19A7062D75DC.jpeg
    A4D7A43C-BB0B-4495-A702-19A7062D75DC.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 159

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your PEX manufacturer's installation manual should tell you how much straight distance you need between a fitting and starting a bend in the PEX. You don't want to stress the PEX laterally immediately at the fitting connection. But you probably only need a couple inches of straight run.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks