Use of registered names like ROMEX® on this forum, this is a poll

How should we treat the brand ROMEX®

• Star out and censor the word, problem solved!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Have moderators add the ® sign

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Ignore the entire issue. Do other manufacturers do this?

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tell posters how to add the ® o they can use it with Romex®, Disposal®, Fernco® and the other tr

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
I agree. The whole "you have to use the © symbol or we'll get mad at you" attitude only serves to make them look STUPID and petty. Just the fact that folks are using their name should make them happy. It keeps their brand recognition steady.
Are you listening Southwire ROMEX ???

My main gripe about companies like Southwire is that they are in bed with big box stores and facilitate them undercutting supply houses.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When you use the names Price Pfister, Pfister, Moen, Delta, etc. You are ONLY referring to products by that manufacturer. You would not say, "I need a Pfister spout for my faucet", if it was a Glacier Bay faucet.

Kiton

Reaction score
Terry, what ever came of this, the first post is a few years ago. Did they come to their senses and back off?
I am fine with just calling all wire 14-2 NMD90 (or what ever the case may be) if they prefer and never using the term R***X again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks