Use of a double wye / combo tee vertically (everything vented)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Based on my previous thread that Terry helped me on, I'm mocking up my DWV setup in Sketchup. I'm paying close attention to pitch and where I can bore through joists. I have height problems and things approaching the stack from both sides. Sadly there's a lot of electrical in the only place I could run another drain to the basement so I'm trying to do it all off the existing stack.

My understanding is that if each of the fixtures, including the toilet, is vented separately and at the proper height, I can increase the slope to match heights (beyond the 1/4 per ft) after the vent and enter the main stack in a 3" double wye/combo tee since that is no longer a vent for any of the fixtures.

I would then tie all the vents back into that stack about 5' above the floor (in a wall I have full access to).

Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Anthony

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Once a fixture is vented, it's all downhill from there.
Below the venting, it's waste fittings. The double wye on the stack would be fine.

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. When I finish the mockup I'll post it.

Turns out I had a combo wye for my old double lav instead of a sanitee or fixture fitting and a 3/4 S trap for the old shower -- both scheduled to be removed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks