Use faucet connector on toilet? Royal SSWW 1002 Fortuna

Users who are viewing this thread

MT-3

Reaction score
We are attempting to replace our toilet with Royal SSWW 1002 Fortuna. When the toilet it arrived, it included minimal instructions and our exiting 7/8" toilet connector (to the water) was too large. When we went to Lowe's, they sent us home with a faucet connector. This connector has a metal end to thread on the toilet (whereas all other toilet connectors have a plastic end). Has anyone used this type of connector before with a toilet? We were concerned about the metal nut stripping the plastic threads on the piece associated to the toilet.

Attachments

• ROYAL1002.jpg
    ROYAL1002.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,967
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The metal would be fine, if the thread is the right size and thread count.
Since toilets in America use a standard 7/8" connection, it's anybody's guess what yours is. It might even be a metric size.
I couldn't fine much about your toilet for parts. They don't seem to be sold in the plumbing channels.
We like to know that parts are available down the road. You will need parts some day.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like a bastard thread possibly metric...

Where did you find this beauty?

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like Overstock.com sells 'em. I searched the other day to try find the manual or some specs on this unit for you. All that I could find was a basic drawing showing overall dimmensions and the rough-in location. I didn't see anything on the specs for the threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks