Urinal Install Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Cowcatcher

Reaction score
Hello -
I stumbled on a SLOAN Electronic sensor operated Model 111 ES-S Flushometer 1 and 1/2 inch Top Spud for a urinal for all of $25 last week brand new in a local habitat for humanity store.

I have a farm and the farm wife is sickof us trucking through the house to take a leak, thus a urinal in the mudroom area has been suggested!

My question to you all is - most of the urinals I see on the internet supply sites say "3/4 inch top spud". The valve I got ($500 internet list price) says "1 and 1/2 inch top spud" with some sort of "sweat adapter" in the package. I can not imagine Sloan wants an inch and a half water line down to the urinal - that would be a fire hose.

How do I mate up the flushometer gee-whiz electronic valve with a 3/4 inch inlet or spud on a new urinal?

Thanks - man handy with torch and pipe cutter!
Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

That is a flush valve for a 1/6 gpf toilet, not a urinal. And it NEVER sold for $500.00. You can get a 3/4" reducer tailpiece, a 3/4" ips urinal valve, and a 1 gpf or 3/4 gpf urinal mechanism, and by then you will have spent about what a urinal flush valve would have cost, because all you will be using is the inexpensive cast body.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Whoa! I'd say Mr. Cowcatcher is more that a bit touchy. Sure seems to that HJ made it pretty clear what problems there would be trying to install these components. Sure nothing that could be construed to be insulting or critical of the gentleman. Goes to prove the old saying, You can't win 'em all".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sloan

Also shows that not everything on the Internet is a bargain, unless you know what you are buying. He could get a different urinal with a 1 1/4" spud and then he just needs the reducing tailpiece. But would pay more for the urinal.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It seems to me that it would have been more sensible and cheaper to install a regular toilet for the farm workers. What if someones needs a #2?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Imagine that, even the moderators piss the diy guys off once in a while:D

To be honest though HJ, I did'nt think you were ragging on the guy though. Just telling him how it is. I bet a fiver there's another Sloan flush valve on **** tomorrowow.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
right

He asked a question and I answered it and told him how he could do it correctly. He probably wanted an answer that said that the urinal's 3/4" spud could be modfied to fit his tailpiece so he wouldn't have to spend much money.

Nate R

Reaction score
I know a few farmers. And I don't know of any that would walk all the way into the house, even the mudroom, to urinate. I thought that's why the old barns have the bottoms of the boards rotting away first? :p

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I know a few farmers. And I don't know of any that would walk all the way into the house, even the mudroom, to urinate. I thought that's why the old barns have the bottoms of the boards rotting away first? :p

Thats the way I thought it was done...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks