Upgrade vintage Grohe mixer w/o valve replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wardm50

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have a vintage Grohe shower mixer, and am hoping to replace the handle/mixer/cartridge with a modern version.

H_33640000_1_1.jpg

https://www.grohe.co.id/id_id/euromix-single-lever-shower-mixer-33640000.html

Is it possible to do so without removing the actual valve; eg are there any newer style handle/mixer/cartridges from Grohe that will fit this valve? Mixer certainly needs to be replaced as it is leaking but also hoping to update the fixture. Hoping to avoid tile work if at all possible.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that the cartridge is readily available along with the handle and trim.

I do not know if it has the mandatory anti-scald tech of newer stuff, so, while you are allowed to repair it, you may not be able to replace it if it doesn't.

It's likely that other trim will fit the main valve body...a call to Grohe during working hours should resolve that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks