Users who are viewing this thread

Todd Shoemaker

Reaction score
First time ever post, created new account today. NC house flipper thats seen a few things but haven’t seen this particular valve before and I dont know where to begin or how to work on it. Maybe I missed it but I’ve searched for this valve on the A.S website. I’ve included images of the valve and pics before I removed the handle, bezel and got to see beihind that front face. I’m not familiar with American Standard, this valves construction and how to work on it and what I need to replace. The problem here is when I turn the water on with the handle in the on position water flows from the handle into the shower and from the head as normal. It’s flowing from the shower valve handle at a very significant rate. We have 2 of these valves and they are the same and have the same problem on a bath valve and a shower valve. One of these also shows up as the water being switched from hot to cold (cold on left and hot on the right). Is there a way to switch something (cartridge) inside the valve to correct if the piping inside the wall is reversed like on some other brands? Thank you in advance for your assistance and guidance.
4F7EAF6A-A7DC-434C-A6EF-25B2B1B40A67.jpeg
3D889D41-5FCB-4009-92F9-53F8BD5872A3.jpeg
7845980B-B098-4671-95AB-36C220FD8980.jpeg
0B6BFF33-BCE7-4DF3-8F66-F237C494A4B0.jpeg
9D13DFC5-F900-46A7-A7E9-987391523325.jpeg

Todd Shoemaker

Reaction score
A/S Reliant Ultralmix?
Sorry, I can say its American Standard but I’m not sure beyond that. If its an ultra mix can you share where to begin to eliminate the leak. I’ll do anything possible within reason not to have to remove the valve. The property is under contract to be sold and close on 4/25/2019. I need to avoid creating a large hole in the wall although at least thats something I could quickly repair if 100% necessary. I’d prefer to spend a couple of extra hours figuring this out rather than spend time cutting, removing, replacing, confirming, taping out the drywall patch, mud/compound, sanding, priming, painting, etc again. Thank you for helping me and for saving me time, effort, energy and even money!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks