Unions. Yes or NO?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Master Plumber 101, Aug 15, 2008.

1. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    So Crafty, are you voting for Obama or are you just rabble rousing for the fun of it?:D

You know, deep in your heart that you hate both candidates and would sooner vote for a trained ape than have to make this choice:D

If someone had told me 30 years ago that the presidential race would come down to these 4 idiots I would have said your nuts:D

What I do know though is that money and the media (both sides) have way way too much influence on elections. When these idiots running can spend mizillions of dollars to get elected and then tell us how to run an economy? Talk about a waste of space. I don't trust any one of them. They will all stab us in the back for their own political power in a heartbeat. There is no difference between Dems and Repubs any more, they are both parties of self interest.

Is Pat Paulsen still running or did he die? If he's still around I think he'll finally get my vote.

2. craftech

craftech New Member

I am voting for Obama, but I predicted that McCain would win in 2008 back in 2004 and again in 2006. If you would like, I can probably find some old posts on another forum to prove I predicted it. There will never be another Democrat who will be president in my lifetime. The news media will never allow it to happen. Also, the rigging of electronic voting machines will be a determining factor in close elections from here on in. And there will be no way from here on in to have a recount. Republicans have prevented paper records from becoming law or even funding to help states pay for it. And the news media has covered all of it up for them.

http://www.verifiedvoting.org/article.php?list=type&type=13

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9920030-7.html

John

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Voting for someone to run this country who has no record or experience to base the vote on is like playing Russian Roulette backward.

A chamber full of rounds with 1 missing. Only an insane person would do so.

Just my NSHO.

4. craftech

craftech New Member

Again Cass, I don't like McBush's voting record. If you actually do like their policies and actually know what they are - vote for him. He is going to win anyway.

John

5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    By news media are you talking about all three prime time networks, abc, cbs, nbc, or cnn, msnbc, the times the wash post, the entire cast of hollywood? Other than rush, hannity and fox who's in the republican tank? I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that on the whole the press is pretty much slanted to the left.

6. acjensen

acjensen New Member

Chimney Sweep
    cable news

The 24 hour news cycle brought on by the cable news networks is the worst thing to ever happen to reporting. Now instead of getting impartial reports based on the facts, you get hour-long shows by talking heads custom catered to certain politically like-minded audiences. The result is that you get an opinion: pre-chewed and digested for you, no thought required. I get my news from Minnesota Public Radio. Just the facts, Jack. Then I make up my own mind. Eight years ago I wanted McCain to win, but now it seems like he sold his soul to get the republican "Base" vote. The truth is my vote will probably not matter, since Obama will likely win MN by a comfortable margin. My honest opinion is that America will be much better off no matter who wins in November.

7. Dunbar Plumbing

Dunbar Plumbing Master Plumber

Service Plumber, Outdoor Temperature Relief Owner
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
    Another example of how Democrats are not americans

SHAME ON YOU

Another example why we shouldn't expect anything less, their patriotism is for show only.

8. Master Plumber 101

Master Plumber 101 In the Trades

I guess Fox new's network give's fair and balanced new's. Right?

How about Rush, Sean Hannity, Mark Levine. They R E P O R T the fact's all the time.

The fact is guy's like that are clearly cooperate whore's in the biz for there own financial gain. There always selling something on there show's. They don't care about the U.S. as long as there pocket's are being lined. Dirt Bag's!

9. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    I can watch Jim Lehrer...http://www.pbs.org/newshour/
    The others I really can't tolerate!

The two party media is so far right and left they are just brainwashing whack jobs!
    If anybody watches them for any length of time well you just see that look of... the lights are on but nobody is home.
    It's a shame when we have a bunch of brainwashed wack jobs heading into voting booths...

Get the rope... It's time to go to Washington and have a party... 232 years and it's time for some house and senate cleaning...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  10. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    And yet it is perfectly fine for Chris Matthews to say that he gets a tingle up his legs every time Obama Speaks. Yea that's balanced reporting. How about Katy Couric with her adoring cow eyes every time Obama's name is mentioned. Or Opra backing him or Letterman and Leno and Stewart. Don't even begin to go there. There is a one to 7 ratio on tv of conservitave stations to liberal. Sure radio has a few more but that's just because when you have a talk show and ask a liberal a question they can NEVER answer it, EVER. And it gets boring real fast listening to the libs gripe about Bush when Bush is no longer running for office. Here's the liberal answer to any question asked. Ya but what about Bush?

11. Furd

Furd Engineer

Retired energy systems engineer
    I'm completely in favor of unions, they make taking piping apart so much easier. One place where they are especially nice is the discharge from top-mounted safety valves on boilers or top mounted T&P valves on water heaters. I wish more unions were used.

Except, of course, on gas piping. :cool:

12. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    I wouldn't put a union in a concealed location...
    You can't trust them!LOL

13. Dunbar Plumbing

Dunbar Plumbing Master Plumber

Service Plumber, Outdoor Temperature Relief Owner
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

And the union of MARRIAGE is one of the most unstable unions ever created, a 70% failure rate.

14. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    My first wife was unstable!
    That was a bad union...
    She's on her 3rd bad union...

My second union is good!

15. Cookie

Cookie .

I love your avatar Rugged, I laugh every single time I see it, you have cookies on the dark side, lol.

Acceptance is the key in marriage and not try to change the other. "I am what I yam."

16. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
    I didn't try to change anything...
    She changed into her mother!

[​IMG]

17. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Tech. Instructor
    Unfortunatly, most of them do.:D

18. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Service Plumber
  19. Cass

Cass Plumber

Vote Obama

No experience, but he knows how to fix things?

Will you hire a plumber or electrician without experience?

Why then a presidential candidate to run the country.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  20. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Because he will take from the rich and give to the poor. By the way, you DO REALIZE that anyone making $50K a year is in the RICH category when they start jacking taxes!!!! Hold onto your wallets.....!!!!