Undetected water leak (30psi drop in 5mins).

Users who are viewing this thread

Abhver

Reaction score
I recently got a leak fixed in the water supply line coming from the street to my home. After the fix, the plumber did pressure hold test and observed 30psi drop in 5mins (closed the main shutoff valve at the street to see if the pressure holds in the entire house plumbing lines). This suggested that there is a second leak in the house but the plumber did not know where.

Couple questions:
1. Given the pressure drop in 5mins, does this look like a serious issue that I must call a leak detection company for?
2. Any idea how many gallons/min would that be so one could figure out the impact on water bill.
3. Anyone know how much pressure drop would one see if this were a leaking toilet or a dripping faucet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks