Underground rough in I inspection questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Del McMillen

Reaction score
I'm building my own house and I am about to request my first round of inspections for the plumbing and electrical rough work. I am not a plumber and have never gone through a plumbing inspection.

The work will be under a mono slab in central florida.

What will the inspector expect to see?

Currently all of my dwv is in place and properly sloped. All fitting and connections are correct (as far as I know)

The piping and fittings are half burried to hold them in place, should I dig out around the fittings?

The system has been filled and holding 10' of head for a day with no leaks. Do I need to provide a ladder for the inspector to verify?

The water line entering the building requires an air test, could I cap the end and install a guage/ Schrader valve to do this test?

My supply line does not cross the DWV system but it does come within 5' of it, are there any special concerns relating to sch 40 pvc DWV and supply line proximities?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks