Under slab Plumbing for bathroom in 50 ft by 60 ft shed

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael D Harris

Reaction score
20200906_104625.jpg
I am getting ready to pour the slab for a large shed and this is the layout of my Plumbing under the slab for the bathroom. Does it look like it is to code it will have a shower toilet and sink and on the outside of one wall will be a large shop sink..
Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you cannot join the large shop sink to the middle of the wet-vented bathroom group.

Attachments

• img_4.jpg
    img_4.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 160

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Horiz runs more than five ft are required to have a cleanout equal in size to the drain it is serving. So, add a 3" C.O. somewhere at the end.
You only need a 3" drain for all of this.
Horizontal wet venting is limited to bathroom groups. So do as REach4 shows in red for the sink and tie in after shower.
Also, if you roll the 2" wye on the shower up to 45 deg. with a 45 or street 45 heading toward the wall, you should be ok.
I suggest just a 3" elbow under the WC and use a Closet flange with a stainless steel ring (4 x 3 closet flange). Use long brass WC bolts and put them in upside down in the closet flange holes with brass or s.s. nuts and washers; then bend the last inches of the bolt out to create a secure anchor of the closet flange in the concrete.
Always protect all pipe from concrete contact, even the toilet drain. There is a handy white poly wrap made just for this from wholesale plumbing supply shops.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Horiz runs more than five ft are required to have a cleanout equal in size to the drain it is serving. So, add a 3" C.O. somewhere at the end.
Horizontal wet venting is limited to bathroom groups. So do as REach4 shows in red for the sink and tie in after shower.
Also, if you roll the 2" wye on the shower up to 45 deg. with a 45 or street 45 heading toward the wall, you should be ok.
I suggest just a 3" elbow under the WC and use a Closet flange with a stainless steel ring (4 x 3 closet flange). Use long brass WC bolts and put them in upside down in the closet flange holes with brass or s.s. nuts and washers; then bend the last inches of the bolt out to create a secure anchor of the closet flange in the concrete.
Always protect all pipe from concrete contact, even the toilet drain. There is a handy white poly wrap made just for this from wholesale plumbing supply shops.
Agree with this I had a lengtyhy post pretty much saying a lot of this forgot to send.
Being from Ca we seem to be more serious on clean outs pretty much install per code UPC .

Michael D Harris

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for responding so quickly. One quick question I don't quite understand one thing in breplum response
If you roll the 2in wye on the shower up to 45 degrees with a 45 or Street 45 heading towards the wall you should be okay?
Thanks again
Mick

Michael D Harris

Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for responding so quickly. One quick question I don't quite understand one thing in breplum response
If you roll the 2in wye on the shower up to 45 degrees with a 45 or Street 45 heading towards the wall you should be okay?

I dont follow breplum either now that I revisited his post . Reach4 modified and eliminated the vent from the shower to which breplum agreed but later he talks of rolling the wye but there is no wye. Depending on a few factors I might go with your original plan 1 not being inspected 2 use of shop sink , heavy usage may cause trap on shower to siphon . Not much work to do it right and i think Reach 4 alteration is to code. If the shop sink was used more like a lav and it was my own property I might take the short cut but unlikely

Michael D Harris

Reaction score
I hope I am not testing your patience with me but I have realized another issue. This is a small one piece shower and the drain will be 12 in off the side wall which doesn't leave a lot of room to run the plumbing as suggested by breplum. Especially if I want to add a 3 inch cleanout at the end as suggested by breplum
That shop sink has its own vent would it work to run that shop sink Plumbing straight to the 3in drain separate and pretty much parallel to the shower drain to the 3 in.
Been doing a lot of reading online and was wondering if another option would be to run the shop sink wet vented straight to the 3 in drain and bring the shower drain straight across and into the shop sink plumbing using a 2 by 2 by 2 combo?
Venting is an interesting subject
Once again thanks for all your help

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cleanout needs to be at vanity 3 inch clean out that bushing in your 3 inch 45 is wrong need to continue 3 inch for clean out. Shop sink would need a clean out as well in my code but yours may not. I dont think the shower can be wet vented with shop sink legaly but as mentioned befor it may function well not real sure. I think the way you have this drawn a vent is needed on the shower rolled up as breplum stated and the shop sink needs to be ran as reach 4 stated therefore 2 pipes coming up in wall by the shop sink a shower vent and the waste for the shop sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks