Under sink plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

skylargo

Reaction score
So I've seen this picture of "alternate" way of plumbing under the sink. I theory it seems like a good idea to have more space but is it really the "smart" way to plumb? With extra bends would this type of plumbing be more prone to clogs?
http://plumbsmartdesign.com/need-more-storage-in-a-small-bathroom/

9d2c79f63713ff674ab896525a2fcc1b.jpg

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would go the dummy route for simplicity. That being said, if you did choose to assemble the drainwork to make more space, it would be easy enough to snatch it all out and replace it if clogging issues occur. The slipjoint parts are cheap and easy to work with most of the time.

skylargo

Reaction score
Than you. I will have a drawer on the bottom only which should not interfere with plumbing. I mostly thought of just having more usable space. I will probably stick with the "dumb" way. Although it is still good to know that the "smart" way is not really the "DUMB" way to do it - in case I ever wanted to use it - LOL.
Thank you for your responses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks