Under sink pipes and dishwasher drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

The Maestro X

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had a problem with two dishwashers having faults related to overflow where i need to tip the machine to empty the overflow water before it would start again.
The second machine was brand new and still under warranty so we called out the repairer when the machine stopped. He said it was a drainage issue, probably a clog in our plumping resulting in the drain water flow backing up into the machine.
Before i call out a plumber I am wondering if there is anything with the pipe set up under the sink that may be contributing to the issue. (See picture: https://imgur.com/a/xZfUV).
My main worry is how the wall side of the trap comes up higher than the dishwasher drain pipe entry. I dont know whether this is even an issue or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20171005_181937.jpg
    20171005_181937.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 397

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call the plumber to re-do your entire drain. The way you have it now, it can't drain properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks