Ultramix shower valve handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Liam Nomed

Reaction score
Hello. I have what I believe to be an obsolete American Standard Ultra-Mix valve based on the info I've found on this forum. I would like to replace the acrylic knob with a single lever metal handle part no 050081-0020A. I would appreciate it if anyone could confirm if the said part would fit the stem. I've tried with a "universal" one from Danco, but the adapter wouldn't grip the stem properly. Also if anyone has tried other third-party brand lever that fits this stem, I would be so grateful if you could let me know. The Danco #80004 for Moen seem to have the same broach shape (B-19 / round with 2 flats?). I may just have to give it a go and return it to Home Depot if it doesn't work out. Thank you and Happy New Year!

upload_2022-1-5_1-9-13.jpeg

upload_2022-1-5_1-8-48.jpeg

upload_2022-1-5_1-19-41.jpeg

Liam Nomed

Reaction score
@Marlinman, thank you for taking the time to respond. I went ahead and purchased the lever handle I mentioned earlier. It was a tough one to find, thank goodness it's a perfect fit. Having to replace the plastic knob every couple of years was a PITA, so hopefully this metal one would last for the remaining life of this shower assembly before it needs a total overhaul.

IMG_20220110_222701.jpg

IMG_20220110_224510.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks