Ultramax Soft Seat - Painful, Need to Replace

Users who are viewing this thread

LovingSantaCruz

Reaction score
Sigh, our first of three Toto Ultramax Toilets has arrived (we're remodeling).
We love the design and flushing sytem (wow!!).
Unfortunately, the slopped down design of the seat is causing pain at husbands legs who suffers from back pain (ciatica). We need to replace all three seats with a "flat" seat design. Sadly, after visiting Toto, I find they only make the french curves one.

Okie, so my question is: Have others replaced their Softclose toilet seats with "flat" seats? What recommendations would you give me on Brands and particular seat models.

We have the "Colonial White" and "Cotton White" and would really like to complement these colors so as not to mess up the astetics of the Ultramax.

Would really appreciate your advice,

Happily retired in Santa Cruz

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO also has a seat with little curve, it has a flatter seat like those others you are used to.
The new seat number is: SS164

Or like Gary mentions, any seat from a hardware store will work.

Also, the Toto washlets are flatter.

LovingSantaCruz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Terry, Toto does not sell the SS164 seat independently from their toilet (Can't remember which one has it).

Any suggestions on which model from Kholer or American Standard (carried at my local hardware) might go with the "colonial white" and "cotton white"?

LovingSantaCruz

Reaction score
Sorry, husband said to ask my question with more specifics, so here goes..."What Kholer toilet seat model replaces the toto elongated toilet seat"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks