Ultramax seems to be running quietly

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosun

Reaction score
My 1.5 year old Ultramax has started running a bit--I never notice it in the bowl, only in the tank. I'm not sure of the terminology, but the small water tube is running in the standpipe. What do I do and where can I get it?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like the flapper might be leaking and what you see is the tank refilling...

Is water going over the top of the overflow tube?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses several different fill valves, and the one they have made for them by Korky is easy to repair, if it is the valve that is leaking. If the valve is leaking, water in the thank would get high enough to go over the overflow tube. If it doesn't get that high, and it is still running, it is leaking out the flapper. So, if it's not overflowing into the overflow tube, replace the flapper. Lowes carries replacements or you can get them from a plumbing supply house. If the vavle is leaking, replacing the 'cap' should fix it.

It's kind of quick for the flapper to go bad. This can happen if you have really high chlorine levels in your water, or if you use any of those chemicals in the tank. If you're using anything in the tank, STOP.

aditi1

Reaction score
ultramax

u will find it from a hardware shop. there he will give u equired things:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks