Ultramax II - Flush Valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

VBall

Reaction score
Hi There,

I have a Toto Ultramax II (CST604CEFG) and the plastic part where the flapper connects to the flush valve is broken. Do you think it is possible to glue it back on? I think a complete replacement of the flush value is probably in order. I have a couple of questions:

1) Are there any brand of flush value I can get other than Toto? Does Korky make any that are compatible?
2) Is it difficult to replace? Are there any instructions available to guide me through the process?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO makes the replacement flush valve.
When you lift off the flapper, you can see the two screws that hold it in. Two brass blocks pivot out, and then you can lift it out.

toto_854_flush_valve.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I hope the screws are captive. :-o

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Your actual toilet model number when it says CST604 in the tank is MS604114CEFG. Here's the parts list:

http://assets.totousa.com/product-files/PD-00640_MS604114CEF(G).pdf

The THU013P flush valve, which as Terry says is a super-easy replacement, is available at the Toto Store (manufacturer's web site):

Also available for a few dollars less at various online merchants. Just google the product number. Watch out for shipping charges. The companies that seem cheap actually are comparable once you add shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank you all. I guess I'll have to track one down in Toronto.

btw, what does "captive" mean?

Captive means that the brass block does not fall off when you unscrew. Since I don't see warnings, I suspect it is captive.

Click Inbox above.

http://www.totousa.com/find-a-showroom lets you find showrooms, and they probably have parts available. I expect there are non-showrooms too.

VBall

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4.

I just got in touch with a retailer of Toto's and he informed me that Toto now uses an universal valve, #TSU99A.X. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
TSU99A.X is a fill valve, and you want a flush valve

Reach4

Reaction score
What if you fabricated a replacement ear/hook? Maybe clamp, tape or tie-wrap an attachment to the broken side of your overflow tube. It could just be bent stiff wire. A simple L shaped wire could twist out of place. But if the wire had some interesting bends under the tape, it could keep its proper alignment.

If that succeeds, post a picture.

VBall

Reaction score
I'll see what I have around... if I come up with something, I'll definitely let you know. So far, I've been able to locate the part nearby. I'll probably be picking it up over the weekend. Anyway, I provide an update once its fixed (either way). Thanks all

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks